Need to hire a freelance writer?
Do you need to hire a freelance writer? I’m a freelance content writer and copywriter based in Adelaide, Australia and with more than 20 years’ experience, I can help you achieve you marketing communications objectives, whether they are big, long-term projects or small, one-off tasks.
I am a tertiary educated marketing communications professional with more than 20 years’ experience in education, government and travel. I transitioned to being a freelance writer after I based myself in Hanoi, Vietnam at the end of 2016 and expanded my portfolio to write for social enterprises and start-ups.
- an IT start-up
- a tech disruptor
- a SaaS company predicting workforce using AI
- a social enterprise working in the environment space
- a large hospitality service provider in Vietnam
- a social sciences academic journal.
How can I help you?
My niches, specialities and interests are:
- social enterprises and start-ups: strategic communications, marketing on a shoe-string, content marketing and copywriting
- travel content and copywriter writer: sustainable and slow travel, solo travel for “women of a certain age”, expat living, and Asia (with a focus on Vietnam).
- business content writer: marketing and branding, leadership and soft skills, social enterprise startups, organisation development, internal communication, change management, brain-based workplaces, learning and development, and diversity.
- education content writer: continuous learning, online learning (design, UX), adult learning, alumni communications, fundraising.
- lifestyle content writer: parenting (solo), relationships (attachment styles, dating a narcissist), running and exercise for older women, toxic relationships, relationships with narcissists, being a single woman over 50.
- environment content writer: behaviour change and education, change management, community engagement, product development, volunteer management, organisational development, marketing communications, crisis management
- Book editor: proofreading, copyediting, structural editing, ghost writing.
Who I love working with
We perform well when we work on projects that make a real difference, with people who inspire and respect us. I am no different. I enjoy working with good people who do good work on interesting projects. My ideal client, broadly speaking, is someone who:
- is organised, but doesn’t micro-manage
- communicates well and frequently, but respects boundaries
- is strategic, and provides me with a sound brief
- has worked with freelancers before, and appreciates the value we add
- has a decent budget, and pays me on time
- has a strategic, business or marketing communications plan.
How I like to
Freelance content writing work I enjoy
If this sounds like you and you’d like to work with me, I am available for the following freelance, project and part-time content writing and editing work, including:
- website content and blog posts — research, writing and editing
- content marketing collateral and management — sourcing writers, managing content and print schedules
- magazine cover stories, features, articles and reviews — print and online — pitching ideas, research, editing, writing and editing, project management
- media releases
- brochures, fact sheets, itineraries
- concept papers
- feasibility studies
- ghost writing
- white papers
- case studies
- special reports.
I also enjoy writing fundraising and marketing communications strategy. And here’s a little video I put together about why you should hire me to work with you on your next project:
Resources for you
Keep Hanoi Clean is a social enterprise based in Hanoi, Vietnam. This case study details the marketing communication strategy used to address funding issues.
Looking to hire a ghostwriter for your non-fiction, business or marketing project? You need to know these 5 things so you don’t waste your time and money.
You’ve written a book and you need to hire an editor. But do you know what kind of editor you need? Let me eliminate the confusion for you.
I address three contradictory truths about self publishing in this post and share my self publishing manifesto, which other self publishers are welcome to use.
I thought self publishing would be much easier than it is. I wrote this post so you won’t make the same self publishing mistakes that I did.
While self-publishing can seem daunting, it’s not as difficult or scary as you think it will be. There are lots of resources available to help you.
That time when my book was reviewed and it wasn’t the best experience. I share lessons learned so you won’t make the same book review submission mistakes.
Image by StartupStockPhotos from Pixabay