Hire a freelance writer – me!
My freelance writing journey
I am a marketing communications professional, writer and editor with more than 20 years of combined industry experience in education, government and travel. I transitioned to being a freelance content writer after I based myself in Hanoi, Vietnam at the end of 2016 — and found my skills as a tertiary educated, native English speaker were in demand. Not one to miss an opportunity, I became a freelance writer for Word Vietnam—a beautiful magazine for expats—and the rest, as they say, is history.
How I can help you
Over the course of my illustrious(!) career, I have written content for large corporate website projects and ghost written a memoir—and everything in between. My clients have included an IT start-up, a social enterprise working in the environment space and a social sciences academic journal.
My niches, specialities and interests are:
- social enterprises and start-ups: strategic communications, marketing on a shoe-string, content marketing and SEO
- travel content writer: the business of hospitality service provision, sustainable and slow travel, solo travel for “women of a certain age”, expat living, and Asia (with a focus on Vietnam).
- business content writer: marketing and branding, leadership and soft skills, social enterprise startups, organisation development, internal communication, change management, brain-based workplaces, learning and development, and diversity.
- education content writer: continuous learning, online learning (design, UX), adult learning, alumni communications, fundraising.
- lifestyle content writer: parenting (solo), relationships (attachment styles, dating a narcissist), running and exercise for older women, toxic relationships, relationships with narcissists, being a single woman over 50.
- environment content writer: behaviour change and education, change management, community engagement, product development, volunteer management, organisational development, marketing communications, crisis management
- Book editor: proofreading, copyediting, structural editing, ghost writing.
Email me for a free, no-obligation chat about your project and your needs.
Freelance content writing jobs I love
We perform well when we work on projects that make a real difference, with people who inspire and respect us. I am no different. My ideal client, broadly speaking, is someone who:
- is organised, but doesn’t micro-manage
- communicates well and frequently, but respects boundaries
- is strategic, and provides me with a sound brief
- has worked with freelancers before, and appreciates the value we add
- has a budget, and pays me on time.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to work with me, I am available for the following freelance, project and part-time content writing and editing work, including:
- website content — research, writing, editing and maintenance
- blog posts
- content marketing collateral
- magazine cover stories, features, articles and reviews—print and online—pitching ideas, research, editing, writing and editing, project management
- editorial management—sourcing writers, managing content and print schedules
- media releases
- brochures, fact sheets, itineraries
- funding submissions
- concept papers
- feasibility studies
- fundraising strategy
- marketing communications strategy
- ghost writing
- ebooks and ebook blurbs
- white papers
- case studies
- special reports
- social media posts
- writing workshops
- all kinds of editing.
Email me for a no obligation chat about your project and your needs.
Not quite convinced?
Image by ArtTower from Pixabay